Information on the collection and use of personal information
The company is collecting the below personal information for member registration, consulting and requesting services.
▶ Collected data
Name, date of birth, sex, log-in ID, password, home phone number, home address, cell phone number, email address, information on legal proxy, national ID number, organization or school belonging to, service use record, access log, cookies, access IP information, payment record, occupation
▶ How personal information is collected
Homepage (member registration, bulletin board), written form, member registration through phone/fax
The company uses the collected personal information for the following purposes.
▶ To sign contract for the provision of services and payment for the services.
To provide contents, send goods or bills
▶ To manage members
To check if the real person is using the services provided to members only, to distinguish individuals, to prevent illegal use by a delinquent member, to prevent unauthorized use, to check desire to register, to check age, to check whether the legal proxy has agreed when collecting personal information of children under age 14, to process complaints, and to convey notifications.
▶ To use for marketing and advertisements
To develop patented new services and products, to send commercial information such as events, to provide services and publish advertisements according to the demographic and statistical characteristics, to grasp the frequency of access and get statistics on the use of services by members.
To limit double registration, keep records in order to arbitrate conflicts, to check whether a member has passed all kinds of tests, to produce other relevant materials
In principle, once personal information has been collected and the objectives of their use have been met, the relevant information is immediately destroyed. Only, the following information is kept for a defined period for the reasons below.
▶ Kept information
Name, sex, log-in ID, password, home phone number, home address, cell phone number, email address, information on legal proxy, national ID number, service use record, access log, cookies, access IP information, payment record, organization or school belonging to, how they found out about the program.
▶ Basis for keeping them
▶ Kept period
During the period membership is maintained according to the use contract. When it is not necessary to keep the information according to regulations stipulated in relevant laws, the company keeps member information for a period as set forth by relevant laws as per below.
- Records on marks and advertisements: 6 months (laws related to consumer protection for electronic commercial transactions)
- Records on contract or cancellation of subscription: 5 years (laws related to consumer protection for electronic commercial transactions)
- Records on payment and the supply of goods: 5 years (laws related to consumer protection for electronic commercial transactions)
- Records on consumer dissatisfaction or resolving conflicts: 3 years (laws related to consumer protection for electronic commercial transactions)
- Records on the collection, processing and use of credit information: 3 years (laws related to the use and protection of credit information)
- Data confirming communication according to the act on the protection of communication secrets: 3 months
- For the purpose of investigation by a judiciary body for the healthy use of services or the protection of another member: 1 year